Cheesy Potatoes


Simple ingredients, yummy outcome... every time!

Seriously, shredded potatoes, chips, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and cheese- what's NOT to love?

Yes, I could have shredded my own potatoes, but this is an EASY recipe, so I began with a nice bag of Ore Ida's!

Kelly told me that it is better to have the potato shreds loose and not a big potatoey ice cube- so she will allow the bag to sit on her counter for about an hour before she begins making the dish. I however, chose to remove my shreds from the freezer the night before, and had them to defrost in the refrigerator over night.
Place your shredded potatoes in a large bowl, and add the tub of sour cream and the can of cream of chicken soup. Mix thoroughly!

Mix in the shredded cheese a little bit at a time, until the ingredients are thoroughly combined!

Note: I shredded cheese from a block. I have found that shredding my own cheese really does taste MUCH better than purchasing pre-shreds, plus... I am always able to shred 3-4 cups worth of cheese from a single 8oz block... an 8oz bag of pre-shredded cheese is only 2 cups!

Lightly spray the inside of a 9 x 13 pan, and evenly spread the mixture inside.

Next, take a couple of handfuls of chips, and crush them to smithereens!

Note: Can you tell that I used the Ore Ida bag to crush my chips in? Ziploc's often tear open when crushing items that will have sharp-ish edges. Some "Green" people will even save the thick plastic bags that cereal is kept in inside the boxes to use for future crushing!

Apply a thin layer of chip crumbs over the entire top to the mixture.

Bake at 350* for an hour, and enjoy!

What I love about this dish is that you bake it at home, and you can easily travel without fear of spilling the contents! Cheesy Potatoes are yummy hot and even once they have cooled to room temperature too! Maybe this dish could be passed at one of your next holiday gatherings!

Recipe Recap:
1 large bag of frozen shredded potatoes
2 cups of shredded cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 tub (16 oz.) of sour cream
Potato chip crumbs (at least 1 cup)

No comments:

Post a Comment